Friday, March 23, 2012

French 20's China Cabinet

Last week I got a call from a customer who wanted a piece of furniture painted. She had a 1920's china cabinet with a dull finish and wanted it transformed into a painted French piece with ornate detail. When I picked the piece up, it looked like this...

I really liked the detail work at the top and on the side panels. I decided to paint the piece my own mixture of mostly off-white, with a touch of gray. Then I added a mixture of brown and gold metallic to the edges and some of the trim. Finally, I dark waxed the piece and buffed it out with a soft cloth. The customer was very happy with the finished product.



Now this beauty sits proudly in her home on Dog River.

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
<a class="addthis_button_preferred_1"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_preferred_2"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_preferred_3"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_preferred_4"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_compact"></a>
<a class="addthis_counter addthis_bubble_style"></a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-4f6c88c855864ce0"></script>
<!-- AddThis Button END -->










No comments:

Post a Comment